Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, but when it comes to decor, you don’t have to break the bank to make a big impact. In fact, with a little creativity and some strategic planning, you can create stunning wedding decor that will leave a lasting impression on your guests. In this post, we will share 10 easy wedding decor ideas that make big statements, without breaking the bank.
1. Use Neon Lights
Neon lights are a bold and eye-catching addition to any wedding decor. Whether you’re looking to add a touch of nostalgia or a modern flair, neon lights are a versatile option that can be used in a variety of ways.
One popular way to incorporate neon lights into your wedding decor is by using them as a backdrop for photos. You can choose a custom message, such as your name or wedding date, or opt for a classic phrase, such as “love” or “forever.” The neon lights will create a stunning visual effect and provide a unique backdrop for your wedding photos.
Another way to use neon lights is as part of your table decor. You can create custom signs or use pre-made ones to add a pop of colour to your table settings. Neon lights can be used to indicate table numbers or to create a fun and unique centrepiece.
If you’re looking for a way to make a statement with your wedding decor, consider using a large neon sign as a focal point. You can choose a phrase that has special meaning to you and your partner or opt for a bold and graphic design that will make a lasting impression on your guests. They are energy-efficient and long-lasting, which means you can enjoy their vibrant glow throughout your special day and beyond.
Whether you’re planning a modern, vintage, or rustic wedding, neon lights are a versatile and creative option for adding a unique touch to your decor. So why not add a pop of colour and light up your special day with neon lights? For that check out the neon sign shop.
2. Make Flower Garlands
Greenery is a versatile decor element that can be used in a variety of ways. Consider hanging greenery from the ceiling or creating a lush greenery wall. Not only does it add a natural touch to your decor, but it also provides a stunning backdrop for photos.
Flower garlands make for a beautiful backdrop for your wedding ceremony or reception. You can create a stunning flower garland backdrop by using flowers of your choice, string, and a few other materials. Here’s how to do it:
- Gather your materials — you’ll need flowers, string, wire, scissors, and a ladder or step stool.
- Cut the wire to the desired length of your backdrop.
- Begin wrapping the flowers around the wire, securing them with string as you go.
- Hang your flower garland backdrop using string or wire.
3. DIY Photo Booth
A DIY photo booth is a great addition to any party or event, including weddings. It’s a fun way to capture memories and create keepsakes for your guests to take home. Plus, setting up your own photo booth is easy and affordable. Here are some steps to help you create your own DIY photo booth:
- Add props: You can create your own props or buy them online. Popular props include hats, glasses, and signs.
- Add lighting: You can use natural lighting or add some additional lighting to make the photos look even better.
- Enjoy the photo booth: Let your guests take photos and have fun capturing memories while announcing your special day.
4. Hanging Floral Chandeliers
Create a stunning visual effect with hanging floral chandeliers. These can be hung from the ceiling and will add a touch of elegance to your wedding decor. Here’s how to create your own:
- Gather your materials: You’ll need flowers, floral wire, wire cutters, a hoop or circular frame, and string or ribbon.
- Create floral arrangements: Use floral wire to attach flowers to the hoop or circular frame, creating a cascading effect.
- Attach string or ribbon: Attach string or ribbon to the hoop or frame, so you can hang the chandelier from the ceiling.
- Hang the chandelier: Hang the chandelier from the ceiling, making sure it’s secure.
5. Table Centrepieces with a Twist
Add some personality to your wedding tables with unique centrepieces. Here are a few ideas:
- Use potted plants or succulents instead of flowers.
- Create centrepieces using vintage books, teacups, or other unique items.
- Use fruit or vegetables as centrepieces, such as a bowl of lemons or a vase filled with artichokes.
- Create a centrepiece using candles, such as a cluster of candles of varying heights and sizes.
6. Create a DIY Balloon Arch
Balloon arches are a fun and unique way to add some colour to your wedding decor. Here’s how to create your own:
- Gather your materials: You’ll need balloons in various colours, a fishing line, and a balloon pump.
- Fill the balloons with air: Fill the balloons with air using a balloon pump.
- Tie the balloons together: Tie the balloons together using a fishing line, creating a long string of balloons.
- Create the arch: Use the string of balloons to create an arch, securing it to a wall or ceiling.
7. Creative Seating Cards
Make a statement with your seating cards by getting creative. Here are a few ideas:
- Use vintage keys with tags attached to indicate seating arrangements.
- Create seating cards using mini succulents or plants.
- Use Polaroid photos of your guests as seating cards.
- Use small chalkboards to indicate seating arrangements.
8. Get Creative with Lighting
Lighting can completely transform a space. To create a cosy and welcoming environment, think about using string lights, candles, or lanterns. If you really want to make a statement, consider using a neon sign to light up the room.
9. Create a Lounge Area
Creating a lounge area is a great way to encourage your guests to mingle and relax. Consider using comfortable seating, like sofas and armchairs, and adding some cosy blankets and pillows.
10. Candle Lit Walkway
A candlelit walkway is a romantic and elegant addition to any wedding. It creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests as they arrive at the ceremony or reception.
Double-check these tips and have a great wedding!